Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Frank is offline

Default Update Auto Text (file name & path)

I would expect the AutoText File Name & Path in a Footer to update when I do
a "Save As" but it doesn't.
Am I wrong to expect that?
It doesn't update even if I close the document & re-open it.
It does update if I close Word & then re-open it.

Thanks in advance...
Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Go into the header or footer area and press the F9 key. Does that solve your
problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Frank" wrote:

I would expect the AutoText File Name & Path in a Footer to update when I do
a "Save As" but it doesn't.
Am I wrong to expect that?
It doesn't update even if I close the document & re-open it.
It does update if I close Word & then re-open it.

Thanks in advance...
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Frank is offline

Yes it does, Thank you!
Question tho...What did I just do by doing that?
Is there a corresponding menu command?

Thanks!

"Frank" wrote:

I would expect the AutoText File Name & Path in a Footer to update when I do
a "Save As" but it doesn't.
Am I wrong to expect that?
It doesn't update even if I close the document & re-open it.
It does update if I close Word & then re-open it.

Thanks in advance...
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Update fields. No menu command except you can update all fields in a document
each time you print it. Click Options on the Tools menu, click the Print tab,
and then select the Update fields check box.

--
Rae Drysdale

"Frank" wrote:

I would expect the AutoText File Name & Path in a Footer to update when I do
a "Save As" but it doesn't.
Am I wrong to expect that?
It doesn't update even if I close the document & re-open it.
It does update if I close Word & then re-open it.

Thanks in advance...
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can make the menu command by adding the sample macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to a toolbar button.