Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] noelle@supsatkid.com is offline

Default Word will NOT save - no matter what I try.

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error message.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Nobody can help you if you don't provide a complete & accurate description
of the problem. You haven't even indicated what version of Word or Windows
you're using, & that can make a big difference. What does happen when you
try to save? How are you issuing the Save command?

Without accurate detail someone would have to take a "shotgun" approach that
wouldn't be a bit helpful to you.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/16/06 4:01 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] noelle@supsatkid.com is offline

I am so frustrated with trying to figure this thing out for over a week now
(I've had other issues like with IE7 trying to uninstall and how that screwed
me all up and Microsoft couldn't help, Yahoo couldn't help, our IT guy
couldnt' help... i"m just really frustrated but you're right - it doesn't
help to not know so.....)

I am running Windows XP, Word 2002. When I click on Save as.... nothing
happens - literally - nothing. When I click on Save... nothing happens.
When I click on the disk - nothing - no window - no options - no little bar
at the bottom of the page so you can see the progress of it saving - nothing.
When I hit the X to close out of Word, it will ask me if I want to save my
document - I click yes - nothing again. There was one time where I walked
away from my desk and came back and it said that the Auto-recovery wasn't
able to save. When I try to find the document - it's not there after
getting out of it. I've downloaded IE7 which I HATE but I'm not able to go
back and change it now.. I had the same problem with Word before but my
browser wouldn't work (earlier this week). Now my browser works but Word
won't save. Excel saves, Power Point saves, Publisher saves - no other
problems that I can see except for this one. Now our IT guy is in India and
can't help me there so now I'm typing stuff and having to lose it because I
can't save it.

Is there any other info you need?? I'm not sure what all would help you
diagnose it...

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Post again after you've removed the virus.

" wrote
in message ...

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Nobody can help you if you don't provide a complete & accurate
description
of the problem. You haven't even indicated what version of Word or
Windows
you're using, & that can make a big difference. What does happen when you
try to save? How are you issuing the Save command?

Without accurate detail someone would have to take a "shotgun" approach
that
wouldn't be a bit helpful to you.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/16/06 4:01 PM, in article
,
"
wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter what I've
tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know what is
going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error
message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] noelle@supsatkid.com is offline

WHAT?? Post again after I've removed the virus?? I don't know that I have a
virus... How do figure THAT out??

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter what I've
tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know what is
going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error
message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are certainly indications that you may have a virus - so that is the
first thing to check.
The next thing is to run chkdsk to ensure that your filing system isn't
screwed up.
Download and run a spyware removal tool eg AdAware, Spybot or Microsoft's
Antispyware.
Then see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
Then repair Word from Windows Control panel add or remove programs
then if it is still not working see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter
what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know
what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error
message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] noelle@supsatkid.com is offline

I had someone show me out to start Word in safe mode - that seemed to work -
but I can't seem to find an add on that makes it not save.. Would that make
sense or should I still scan for a virus??

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter
what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know
what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no error
message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should always be alert for viruses!
If Word will start correctly in safe mode then the two links I posted
earlier should help resolve it. The problem is coming from either a
defective normal.dot file (rename it) or from an inappropriate add-in
(remove it).

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter
what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know
what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no
error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] noelle@supsatkid.com is offline

I have removed all viruses that were "Quarentined" by our antivirus software.
I also have ran defender on my computer to which everything came up fine..
I have disabled ALL my add-ins that I can find - one by one - and still no
saving. Now when I start it in safe mode - it doesn't save either...

This is crazy!!!!

wrote:

I have tried everything and Word will not save.... no matter
what I've tried
and can find no answers to my problem. Someone has got to know
what is going
on. Everything else saves fine. Word doesn't and I get no
error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I take it this copy of Word has been activated and that it is not a now
expired trial version?

Try re-installing the printer driver (Word formats according to that).
Run chkdsk on your hard drive(s)
Repair Word from the control panel add or remove programs applet.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You should always be alert for viruses!
If Word will start correctly in safe mode then the two links I posted
earlier should help resolve it. The problem is coming from either a
defective normal.dot file (rename it) or from an inappropriate add-in
(remove it).

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org