In Word 2007, how do I lock the header and footer?

Old October 4th 08, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Sender

Default In Word 2007, how do I lock the header and footer?

I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric
Old October 5th 08, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
$hri...![_2_]

The best way to do this is to make sure that you check Different First
Page in the Headers and Footers design tab. Then what I found I had to do
was to set up a document with two pages, to make sure the second (and
subsequent) pages truly are different. You can then save it as a template
for future use. Hope this helps

Old October 5th 08, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 14:49:18 -0700 (PDT), Eric Sender
wrote:

I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric

If you're referring to the code in the article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm then
it will work in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old October 5th 08, 05:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

However like all macro based solutions it will only work if the users allow
the macro to run. Ultimately there is no way to stop a user from editing a
document that you allow them to open.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com