OLE gridlines printing in Word 2007

Old October 1st 08, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amanda

Default OLE gridlines printing in Word 2007

I have linked an object from Excel 2007 into a Word 2007 document. The
gridlines of the OLE print out, and I do not want them to. In Word 2003,
these lines did not print. I've discovered two work arounds: Deactivating
the gridlines within the Excel sheet, and/or applying a white fill to the
linked portion of the Excel sheet. However, I am wondering if there is a
fix/switch for this in Word, because I WANT to see my gridlines within Excel.

Thanks!
Old October 1st 08, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
$hri...![_2_]

IN Word the gridlines don't print it is cell borders.

You will see that when you paste from Excel to word you now have a Word Table.
Select the table first, Table menu, Select, Table

You can go to the Table menu, Table properties, Borders and shading
You can go to the file menu, Page Setup, layout TAB, borders
You can use the toolbar border button, over on the right of the formatting
toolbar
You can use the Format menu, Borders and Shading, Borders TAB

select the type of border you need, print preview your document from the
File menu to be sure you have the borders.

When using the Borders and Shading feature you need to see the results you
are looking for in the preview pane for the changes to take effect.

Old October 2nd 08, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amanda

Thanks for your suggestions; however, they did not solve my problem. In the
Borders section, I have "none" selected. I did not have this problem until
we upgraded to Word 2007. When I first link an Excel table into Word, it
will print with no gridlines/borders. Once I then save that Word document
and reopen, the gridlines/borders are there and print out consistently.