Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tab Tab is offline

Default Word crashes

Somebody must be able to help me - I'm still struggling with certain
documents that cause Word (2003/XP) to hang when trying to open. It seems to
be linked to the fact that they use a different template. My other PC (same
configuration, no special template installed) has no such problem, and opens
the offending documents quite normally, and I have no problem with any other
documents. I've tried deleting normal.dot (which reinstates itself as usual)
but with no improvement. Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tab Tab is offline

Hi Graham,
I haven't tried to open the template (I assume it's not corrupt, I think
other colleagues use it)
I guess I could try installing it alongside my normal.dot template, but my
other PC opens the 'problem' documents quite happily without the special
template and so I'm wondering what the 'proper' solution is. Ironically this
template does nothing special (doesn't run macros or whatever), it was just
used to standardise a document layout and when my colleague changes to a
normal.dot template it isn't affected.

Tab wrote:
Somebody must be able to help me - I'm still struggling with certain
documents that cause Word (2003/XP) to hang when trying to open. It
seems to be linked to the fact that they use a different template.
My other PC (same configuration, no special template installed) has
no such problem, and opens the offending documents quite normally,
and I have no problem with any other documents. I've tried deleting
normal.dot (which reinstates itself as usual) but with no
improvement. Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are satisfied that the template is OK and that your documents open
correctly on other PCs, then see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. and update or
reinstall the printer driver.

Tab wrote:
Somebody must be able to help me - I'm still struggling with certain
documents that cause Word (2003/XP) to hang when trying to open. It
seems to be linked to the fact that they use a different template.
My other PC (same configuration, no special template installed) has
no such problem, and opens the offending documents quite normally,
and I have no problem with any other documents. I've tried deleting
normal.dot (which reinstates itself as usual) but with no
improvement. Help!!!!

Word 07 crashes beckwith49 Microsoft Word Help 1 September 2nd 07 07:40 AM
PNG crashes Word Toobi-Won Kenobi New Users 7 July 18th 07 10:42 PM
Word Crashes Airplane New Users 0 April 26th 06 12:55 AM
Word crashes markmovies Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 05 07:39 AM
word 97 crashes faceman Microsoft Word Help 2 July 30th 05 11:06 PM