Matt

Default Problems With Document ap Menu

When I right click in the document map to change what headings are visible
nothin comes up. I have a large document with headings 1,2, and 3. This is
only a problem for some of the documents on my computer, but i deperately
need to get the showheading options back into that menu.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Matt

Is it possible that the headings are in a table? If so, then the Document
Map won't show them.

For more information, see
How the Document Map works in Microsoft Word

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html

and

http://daiya.mvps.org/docmap.htm

Hope this helps. If not, post back and let us know what version of Word
you're using.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Matt" wrote in message
When I right click in the document map to change what headings are visible
nothin comes up. I have a large document with headings 1,2, and 3. This is
only a problem for some of the documents on my computer, but i deperately
need to get the showheading options back into that menu.

Matt

They are not in tables. There are no tables in the document. The show
headongs menu appeard once last night while I was working on the document
(not magically I was right clicking in the pane) but will not come back. I am
using version 10.0.2627.0.

"Matt" wrote in message
When I right click in the document map to change what headings are visible
nothin comes up. I have a large document with headings 1,2, and 3. This is
only a problem for some of the documents on my computer, but i deperately
need to get the showheading options back into that menu.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Matt

I've never experienced that, and I've tried to re-create the problem without
success.

However, you might try this as an experiment. Create a new document. Copy
and paste everything in your current document *except* the last paragraph
mark into the new document. Does that make any difference? If so, there's
some kind of corruption in your document. For more information about that,
see

How can I recover a corrupt document or template - and why did it become
corrupt?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Matt" wrote in message
When I right click in the document map to change what headings are
visible
nothin comes up. I have a large document with headings 1,2, and 3. This
is
only a problem for some of the documents on my computer, but i
deperately
need to get the showheading options back into that menu.

Melissa

I have exactly the same problem as Matt. When I right-click within document
map, I don't get that sub-menu. but if I left-click a heading then hit
shift+F10, the menu appears.

I've re-created a blank document and inserted some headings and text but the
sub-menu still won't appear.

I thought it may be a mouse problem but I can right-click fine in other
applications.

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I add a Template to my New Document Template Menu? KatQueen Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 03:51 PM
Master Document problems ivorybow Page Layout 4 March 17th 05 07:42 PM
Problems with Word 2003 opening Document Template created in Word Jim Hansen Microsoft Word Help 2 March 15th 05 11:37 PM
Document object in protected form Bruce Tables 2 December 6th 04 07:09 PM