tooblue

Default Managing & Viewing fonts installed on my computer

I have around 2500 fonts on my computer. There are far too many to use in my
Word Programs because it takes too long to scroll through the options and the
displays of font options is too small to see them very well.

I would like to print a catalog of fonts installed on my computer with each
font name displayed in it's own type. Can anyone tell me how to do this
without typing each name and changing the font for each entry?

Or is there a folder system to alleviate this problem whereby fonts are
inserted into folders by catagories such as "Cyber", "Gothic", "Art Deco",
etc. as they are installed?

I can reduce the number of fonts I have installed, but being able to see
this list would help this process.

Any other tips or program suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Here are the basics of my system:
Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack II
Microsoft Office Word 2003
Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

gordo

Take a look at Printers Apprentice at:

http://www.loseyourmind.com/pa75.asp

It does most of what you are asking for. I have a collection of around 6700
fonts. Once a year or so, I print a catalog of these fonts, approximately 20
to the page. I have done my own classification of font families.

Gordo