Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish ClassyIrish is offline

Default labels

How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word, tools,
envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in the word
template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with one label in the
label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, Word doesn't have any way to add to that list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ClassyIrish wrote:
How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word,
tools, envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in
the word template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with
one label in the label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can create custom label definitions, if that's what you're asking. They
will be listed under Other/Custom in the Labels dialog. For instructions,
see Word's Help topic "Create custom mailing labels."

"ClassyIrish" wrote in message
How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word, tools,
envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in the word
template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with one label in

the
label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClassyIrish ClassyIrish is offline

I know you can create custome, but I wanted to be able to update the list of
choices. example is I need the avery label 5202, which isn't in my list, I
downloaded the template and added it to the word templates, but I would like
to be able to pick it from the list in envelope and labels, so I was hoping
that there is a way to add to that list, though Jay doesn't think there is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create custom label definitions, if that's what you're asking. They
will be listed under Other/Custom in the Labels dialog. For instructions,
see Word's Help topic "Create custom mailing labels."

"ClassyIrish" wrote in message
How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word, tools,
envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in the word
template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with one label in

the
label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That would be nice but it's my understanding that it can't be done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create custom label definitions, if that's what you're asking.
They
will be listed under Other/Custom in the Labels dialog. For instructions,
see Word's Help topic "Create custom mailing labels."

so
all may benefit.

"ClassyIrish" wrote in message
How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word,
tools,
envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in the word
template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with one label
in

the
label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can add it to the list, but you can't add it to the Avery list; it will

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create custom label definitions, if that's what you're asking.

They
will be listed under Other/Custom in the Labels dialog. For

instructions,
see Word's Help topic "Create custom mailing labels."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ClassyIrish" wrote in message
How do you "install or attach" new labels so when you are in word,

tools,
envelopes & Labels, you can find it listed? I can get it in the word
template mode, but I would like to be able to get to it with one label

in
the
label list.

Does this make sense, and if by chance it does, can you help?

Marguerite

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think you'll find Avery 5366 (included) is the same size.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create custom label definitions, if that's what you're
asking. They will be listed under Other/Custom in the Labels dialog.
For instructions, see Word's Help topic "Create custom mailing
labels."

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"ClassyIrish" wrote in
message ...

Labels Guy Delaney Page Layout 7 December 6th 06 10:39 PM
Mail merge to continuous labels skips labels between pages Devon Stout Mailmerge 8 July 10th 06 07:11 PM
How do I permanently change the indent in labels? BikeRNick Page Layout 6 November 30th 05 02:07 PM
Mailing Labels - Outlook to Word? Charliec Mailmerge 2 December 5th 04 05:46 PM
preview of labels in Word do not show outline of labels anymore makingfaces Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 01:32 PM