Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
patfun patfun is offline

Default Can I make a short cut to footnotes

i use footnotes a lot, can I place footnotes on my toolbar so I dont have to
go through the rigmarole of insert-reference-footnote each time?
I use microsoft office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My Footnote button. I'm pretty, sure, was on the Formatting toolbar
out of the box -- it's the one with AB in black small caps with a red
superscript 1 next to it.

If you need to add it to the toolbar of your choice, go to the down-
arrow at the right end and choose "Add ... Buttons." This takes you to
the place where thousands(?) of commands are listed to be added
wherever you'd like. (You could have another button for Endnotes,
too.)

On Mar 18, 2:58*pm, patfun wrote:
i use footnotes a lot, can I place footnotes on my toolbar so I dont have to
go through the rigmarole of insert-reference-footnote each time?
I use microsoft office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you just want to insert a footnote, use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F.