Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dwoj dwoj is offline

Default spell check won't shut off in Word 2003

I've disabled spelling and grammar checking but the book icon with the little
pen at the bottom of the window runs every time I type a character. When it
does this the cursor in my document disappears until it finishes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

From Word 2003 Help:

*************
Turn on or off automatic spelling and grammar checking

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab.
Do one or both of the following:

To turn on or off automatic spelling checking, select or clear the Check
spelling as you type check box.

To turn on or off automatic grammar checking, select or clear the Check
grammar as you type check box.

If this is what you have been doing, and it still doesn't work, post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP