KM1

Default Copying files to clipboard word 2003

I have noticed a little odd behavior when using the clipboard in Word 2003.
When copying and pasting files to the clipboard throughout a document, I have
found when finished and closing out of word, when I go back into word by
opening it up again, there still seems to be a file copied on the clipboard.
When I check the clipbard through "edit" clipbard and look in the task pain
to clear this file, there are times that nothing is there and unless I
restart my computer, everytime I open word that file is there. If I restart,
then it is gone. On a hunch I opened up word pad and pasted the file to this
program and sure enough it worked. This means it is copying the file to the
system clipboard and not simultaneously to the word clipboard making it
impossible to clear in word. Again, if I restart my computer it is gone the
next time I open word. I am using Word 2003. Does anyone have any
information regarding this behavior? Is there some selection I do not have
enabled that makes word 2003, sometimes, copy only to the system clipboard
and not to the word clipboard? My wife already had a problem were something
that was on the system clipboard got pasted into a document thinking she had
copied something else. Any information regarding this would be very helpful
and appreciated.

--
KM1