Mark Rosenkrantz

Default How can I see my pictures ?

Dear all;

I'm preparing a document and inserted some pictures on it.
Now there is a strange thing going on.
Sometimes the pictures are displyed, but mostly they are not.
Sometimes you can see them in preview mode, sometimes you can't.

It is not that I've selected the picture placeholders checkbox.
This box is unchecked so I should see my pictures.
But I don't.

I changed the pictures tab on the weboptions and choose a 800*600 format.
You can get this via Tools | Options | General and then click the button
below.
That don't seem to be the solution as well.

Does anyone know how I can solve this.
I want to see my pictures all the time !!!

Thanks beforehand;

Mark.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Have you cleared your TEMP folder? You may not have enough resources
to display the images if it's loaded with junk. See this article for
details...

Maintaining Your Computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:27:35 +0200, "Mark Rosenkrantz"
wrote:

Dear all;

I'm preparing a document and inserted some pictures on it.
Now there is a strange thing going on.
Sometimes the pictures are displyed, but mostly they are not.
Sometimes you can see them in preview mode, sometimes you can't.

It is not that I've selected the picture placeholders checkbox.
This box is unchecked so I should see my pictures.
But I don't.

I changed the pictures tab on the weboptions and choose a 800*600 format.
You can get this via Tools | Options | General and then click the button
below.
That don't seem to be the solution as well.

Does anyone know how I can solve this.
I want to see my pictures all the time !!!

Thanks beforehand;

Mark.

Mark Rosenkrantz

Dian;

Yes I did and I have 1 gig of RAM so that must not be the problem.
Thanks anyway; i'll clear all again.
I'll see if it helps.

Mark.

wrote:

Dear all;

I'm preparing a document and inserted some pictures on it.
Now there is a strange thing going on.
Sometimes the pictures are displyed, but mostly they are not.
Sometimes you can see them in preview mode, sometimes you can't.

It is not that I've selected the picture placeholders checkbox.
This box is unchecked so I should see my pictures.
But I don't.

I changed the pictures tab on the weboptions and choose a 800*600 format.
You can get this via Tools | Options | General and then click the button
below.
That don't seem to be the solution as well.

Does anyone know how I can solve this.
I want to see my pictures all the time !!!

Thanks beforehand;

Mark.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

The amount of ram doesn't make much difference if your TEMP folder is
jammed with junk. It should be cleared regularly...particularly if you
have complex docs. In fact, when working with Word, it's even better
to search your HD for all ~*.tmp files and delete them.

Also...you might try tuning down your hardware accelerator. This is
what pushes power to the video driver. But if you're having video
issues (particularly freezing of the screen...which I know you're
not...so take this as a guess fix since it sounds like it may be a
video thing??) tuning it down will pass more power to the driver and
less to the system for other stuff. This won't be noticed unless you
do video, DVD or gaming. They you'll want it higher again. But an
updated driver will fix the switching issue.

See this article for more info and screen shots. Give it a shot if the
TEMP folder doesn't seem to help. But do that first.

(Move to last section in the article for accelerator info.)

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:26:11 +0200, "Mark Rosenkrantz"
wrote:

Dian;

Yes I did and I have 1 gig of RAM so that must not be the problem.
Thanks anyway; i'll clear all again.
I'll see if it helps.

Mark.

.. .