jenni

Default how can i print a background?

this is an obviously divvy question -i am tryin to print a background in
microsoft word but my printer just wont fo it. i have selected the print
background box in the properties before printing but the page comes out plain
with the text on. i have already created the background. any ideas on how i
can make it to this. my printer is capable of prinitng a background. (dont
know if there are printers that cant)

could you please email me at with any help. thank you

Ankit Jain

it's a little weird but it works, print the back ground first. on a fresh
document print the background, say your doc. is 10 pages long, print your
backgnd on 10 pages and then print your text in b/w over it. (pass the paper
again through the printer) its a little old fashioned, but works. all the
best . mail me at all the best.

"jenni" wrote:

this is an obviously divvy question -i am tryin to print a background in
microsoft word but my printer just wont fo it. i have selected the print
background box in the properties before printing but the page comes out plain
with the text on. i have already created the background. any ideas on how i
can make it to this. my printer is capable of prinitng a background. (dont
know if there are printers that cant)

could you please email me at with any help. thank you

Two reasons:

1. Format | Background is for Web pages only, not printed documents. For
printed documents you need to use a "watermark" instead. If you have Word
2002 or 2003, you can use Format | Background | Printed Watermark; for
earlier versions, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Microsoft Word 2000€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

2. What you enabled on the Print tab of Tools | Options was probably
"Background printing," which has nothing to do with printing background
graphics. It refers to printing "in the background," that is, while you
continue to work in Word. Word 2003 does offer the option (on the Print tab)
to include "Background colors and images," but that option is not available
in any earlier version.