Bettina227

Default I am having trouble printing multiple copies in Word 2003. Excel.

I have been able to print multiple copies in Excel, Outlook and other
programs, but when I set "number of copies" in Word, I only get one copy.
HELP. This problem is driving me crazy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
my printer several times, but I don't think the problem is with the printer.

Beth Melton

What printer are you using? I seem to recall this being an issue with
certain HP printers awhile back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bettina227" wrote in message
I have been able to print multiple copies in Excel, Outlook and other
programs, but when I set "number of copies" in Word, I only get one
copy.
HELP. This problem is driving me crazy. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled
my printer several times, but I don't think the problem is with the
printer.

Bob S

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:53:02 -0800, "Bettina227"
wrote:

I have been able to print multiple copies in Excel, Outlook and other
programs, but when I set "number of copies" in Word, I only get one copy.
HELP. This problem is driving me crazy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
my printer several times, but I don't think the problem is with the printer.

There is an ancient bug that Microsoft has still not fixed which
manifests itself as an inability to print multiple copies. See article
290956. They admit that one cause is damaged Word registry settings,
but don't tell you how to fix them. There are a variety of strange
work-around procedures, such as turning off background printing,
turning off spooling, and adding an extra blank page to the end of the
document!

Bob S

Fred

Having same problem with HP 1000 printer but only when printing to it
from Word. Excel is fine.

What does the regedit for missing toolbars have to do with printing
though? Just curious.

Fred