Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Capitals_Gem

Default How do I create a template?

I need to create a template where the user can just click in thefield that
needs to be changed and enter their own information. For example, when I
look at the templates on the Microsoft website and download a letter there
are fields in there that look like this: [RicipientName] or [Address], etc.
That's what I need information on. Here is another example of what I want:

My first sentence would read as so:

This is to confirm that [ClientsName] has agreed to purchase a service which
will be delivered on [InsertDateHer]... etc...

Does this make sense and can someone tell me how to do this in a very simple
way?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Capitals_Gem

Thank you for your reply.

I've been trying to use that for the last 6 hours and I'm not having much
success. There must be an easier way.

Any clues?

Thanks

Capitals_Gem

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm explains it in a way you find
eassier to understand? This is not rocket science.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Capitals_Gem" wrote in
message ...
I need to create a template where the user can just click in
thefield that needs to be changed and enter their own information.
For example, when I look at the templates on the Microsoft website
and download a letter there are fields in there that look like
this: [RicipientName] or [Address], etc. That's what I need
information on. Here is another example of what I want:

My first sentence would read as so:

This is to confirm that [ClientsName] has agreed to purchase a
service which will be delivered on [InsertDateHer]... etc...

Does this make sense and can someone tell me how to do this in a
very simple way?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It is a macrobutton field. See
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

You can type "MacroButton NoMacro [ Recipient Name ]" without the quotation
marks. Select it and press Ctrl-F9 to insert field delimiters. Then press F9
to update your field.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Capitals_Gem" wrote in message
I need to create a template where the user can just click in thefield that
needs to be changed and enter their own information. For example, when I
look at the templates on the Microsoft website and download a letter there
are fields in there that look like this: [RicipientName] or [Address],
etc.
That's what I need information on. Here is another example of what I
want:

My first sentence would read as so:

This is to confirm that [ClientsName] has agreed to purchase a service
which
will be delivered on [InsertDateHer]... etc...

Does this make sense and can someone tell me how to do this in a very
simple
way?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The article does assume that you know how to create a field. You do this by
using Insert | Field and choosing the field type or by pressing Ctrl+F9 to
insert the field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be
typed from the keyboard) and then typing between them. If you use Insert |
Field: MacroButton, Word will prompt you for the display text but will also
require you to choose an existing macro from a list (if your document
contains no macros, you'll see a list of Word commands). For the purposes of
creating this field, you can choose any macro or command at random and then
edit the field to say NoMacro instead (you can do this either in the dialog,
by clicking the Field Codes... button) or in the document by pressing Alt+F9
to display the field code).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

How do I create a template for Ready Index Dividers 31 tab Avery Humanist Microsoft Word Help 2 July 4th 05 04:15 AM
How do I create a new template; not based on another template? Tamlyn Schmeisser Microsoft Word Help 2 July 2nd 05 12:08 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How DO I Create SPECIFIC TEMPLATE IN WORD WordTemplateWorker Microsoft Word Help 3 March 30th 05 06:41 PM
How do I create a document template in Word? NewGuy Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 03:48 PM