Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
senator jazzz

Default Divide page vertically and horizontally

This is an insert to a greeting card. We want to bisect a page vertically
and horizontally to make 4 equal sections, each 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches.
The same type (text) will go into each section, printed, and cut for
insertion into a folded greeting card.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Table--Insert--Table. Table--Properties and set the column width to 4.25
and the row height to 5.5 (tho that will break you to 2 pages, likely). But
that should give you a start.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"senator jazzz" senator wrote in message
This is an insert to a greeting card. We want to bisect a page vertically
and horizontally to make 4 equal sections, each 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches.
The same type (text) will go into each section, printed, and cut for
insertion into a folded greeting card.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Type the text at the size that fills up a single page, then from the File
menu, select Print and in the Page range section of the dialog, enter 1, 1,
1, 1 in the Pages control and in the Zoom section of the dialog, select 4
pages for the Pages per sheet setting. Select the number of copies that you
want to print (divided by 4 as you will get 4 per sheet), and then click on
OK

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"senator jazzz" senator wrote in message
This is an insert to a greeting card. We want to bisect a page vertically
and horizontally to make 4 equal sections, each 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches.
The same type (text) will go into each section, printed, and cut for
insertion into a folded greeting card.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab,
click Options. In the Label Options dialog, select Avery Standard for "Label
products" and 5845 Note card as the "Product number." Click OK. Back in the
Labels dialog, click New Document to get a sheet of the "cards."

The sheet will be set up as a table, so make sure you have table gridlines
displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the label boundaries. Type
the desired text in the first table cell, Copy, select the entire table, and
Paste.

Although you can set up a table like this by yourself, using a built-in
label definition will prevent you from being asked annoying questions about
whether you want to print stuff that's outside the printable area.