Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbpraise

Default How do I get Word to STOP reverting to the default font and size?

I'm using an existing document as a template and typing over the old
information to create a new work. I'm using a different font/size than the
default and hit the enter key. Word reverts back to the default font/size.
(No where in this document do I use the default font/size.) How do I make it
stop!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnC

Office Help has a good description of how to do this, and it's pretty simple.
Search for "Set the Default Font" in help and that should get you going.

"dbpraise" wrote:

I'm using an existing document as a template and typing over the old
information to create a new work. I'm using a different font/size than the
default and hit the enter key. Word reverts back to the default font/size.
(No where in this document do I use the default font/size.) How do I make it
stop!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbpraise

Default How do I get Word to STOP reverting to the default font and si

No, I know how to set the Default Font. My problem is I'm working in a
document, typing in Arial 14pt. and Center justified. I hit Enter and I'm
suddenly Left justified and typing in Times New Roman 11 pt. (my default).
How do I stay in Arial 14pt. and center justified?

"dbpraise" wrote:

I'm using an existing document as a template and typing over the old
information to create a new work. I'm using a different font/size than the
default and hit the enter key. Word reverts back to the default font/size.
(No where in this document do I use the default font/size.) How do I make it
stop!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that the Arial 14 pt Centered paragraph is a heading, or at least
Word thinks it is. If you have not disabled the option to "Define styles
based on my formatting" (Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You
Type), Word has probably changed the style of the paragraph to Heading 1 or
Heading 2 or some other built-in heading style. The "Style for following
paragraph" of heading styles is Normal, so when you press Enter you're
getting a Normal paragraph. You just need to pay more attention to what Word
is doing with styles (and you need to be using styles instead of direct
formatting). Moreover, if you do not use TNR 11 pt anywhere in the document,
then you should probably modify the Normal style for that document.

Alternatively, if you have either of the WordPerfect options enabled (Tools

"dbpraise" wrote:

I'm using an existing document as a template and typing over the old
information to create a new work. I'm using a different font/size

than the
default and hit the enter key. Word reverts back to the default

font/size.
(No where in this document do I use the default font/size.) How do I

make it
stop!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbpraise

Ahhh, that makes sense! Thank you, Suzanne!