Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jhwkbby@msn.com is offline

Default Changing Text Direction

Hi I want to change the direction of text in a document or table from
horizontal to vertical in Word 2007. I used to be able to do this in Word
2003, but cannot find the tool I used to use. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Val
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With your cursor in a table the rotation tools are on the layout tab or in a
text box the tools are on the text box tools tab. The functions are context
sensitive so no table nor text box and you don't see them.

wrote:
Hi I want to change the direction of text in a document or table from
horizontal to vertical in Word 2007. I used to be able to do this in
Word 2003, but cannot find the tool I used to use. Can anyone help
me out?

Thanks,
Val

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Val,

There is a 'Text Direction' choice on the 'Page Layout' tab in the ribbon.
It will work for selected text whether in a table or in the document that lets you choose the options you want to use

If you're in a table there is also a Text Direction tool on the
Table Tools=Layout tab=Alignment section Clicking this tool repeatedly walks the text through different orientations.

Also, while in a table you can right click and the Text Direction menu from Word 2003 is available.

==========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jhwkbby@msn.com is offline

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much...I don't have a 'Text Direction' choice in my 'Page
Layout,' (at least I haven't found it yet...must be hiding somewhere!), but I
did find the one you told me about on the 'Layout' tab. I also discovered if
I right click while in the area I want to change the text, I get the choice
in the little window that pops up...nothing like finding things by accident.
Thank you so much for responding back so quickly...I've been using this new
version for a little while and I really love it, but sometimes it throws me
for a loop and I can't find what I was used to using in the 2003 version!
Thanks again!

Val

" wrote in message
Hi I want to change the direction of text in a document or table from
horizontal to vertical in Word 2007. I used to be able to do this in Word
2003, but cannot find the tool I used to use. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Val
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Val,

Ahh, I'd forgotten that the 'text direction' choice in the Page Layout tab only appears if you've included at least one Asian
language as active
(Alt,T,O) then in the Popular section choose Language Settings to add say 'Japanese' then restart Word.

=========