Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn

Default W2003 - Format Paragraph General Direction missing ...

Can anyone tell me why I wouldn't have the DIRECTION option in Format
Paragraph General appearing on my screen?

Other people in my office can see it but I cannot. Is there a
preference/option that must be set elsewhere to control this? Or, must you
receive a document formatted in a different direction in order for the option
to appear? I did find the email trail creating buttons to toggle this
feature but am wondering why I wouldn't have it in the first place.

Also ... I'm assuming that setting this option would correct the issue where
the cursor appears after the paragraph mark instead of before AND the
situation where a Table of Contents shows page numbers before the text.

Is that all you need to do to fix the reverse direction issue in a WORD
document or is there more you must set (i.e. in Language, preferences,
options etc.)?

Many thanks,
JoAnn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I don't know off the top of my head for sure but I would only expect to see
the option if you have support installed for right to left languages.

Your supposition about its effect is correct and, even without the option
showing in the dialog, you can set it in VBA. Use the appropriate (I assume
the first from what you have said) one of these statements:

Range.Paragraphformat.readingorder=wdReadingOrderL tR ' or
Range.Paragraphformat.readingorder=wdReadingOrderR tL

--
Enjoy,
Tony