Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tablet user

Default Weird margins when I open a new document

Sometimes when I open a new document (via File, New, Blank document), I get a
blank document with my cursor at the very top of the page. In other words,
the top margin of blank space usually denoted with grey space on the left
ruler is gone. When I look at the margin settings in Page Setup, they are set
normally with the top margins being set at 2.45 cms. So I have no idea how to
fix this...what I've been doing is using existing documents that don't have
this problem, then cutting out all the text and saving with a new name so I
don't lose my old document. But this is a real pain and I really hope someone
can help me fix this! Thanks in advance for your help. I'm using Microsoft
Office Word 2003, Standard Edition.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You're getting exactly the same form of document each time. All that's
changing is your view of it. Experiment with

a) the 'white space between pages' checkbox on Tools Options View

b) the options on the View menu.

"tablet user" wrote in message
Sometimes when I open a new document (via File, New, Blank document), I
get a
blank document with my cursor at the very top of the page. In other words,
the top margin of blank space usually denoted with grey space on the left
ruler is gone. When I look at the margin settings in Page Setup, they are
set
normally with the top margins being set at 2.45 cms. So I have no idea how
fix this...what I've been doing is using existing documents that don't
have
this problem, then cutting out all the text and saving with a new name so
don't lose my old document. But this is a real pain and I really hope
someone
can help me fix this! Thanks in advance for your help. I'm using Microsoft
Office Word 2003, Standard Edition.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tablet user

Cool! That fixed it! I realized that I have done this before in the past and
fixed it that way. So I wonder why that box would become unchecked?