Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default prevent language "no proofing"

I work on documents that pass through multiple people's hands. The
contributors copy and paste from all over the place. Is there a way I can
ensure that when I open the document, it will ALWAYS be set for language US
English and that no proofing is turned off everywhere in the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not when you open it, but if you Select All and go to Tools | Language, you
should be able to set those things wholesale.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If other people are contributing content, you can't ensure *anything* about
the document. When you get it back, select all and set it to whatever you
need.

"cayce" wrote in message
I work on documents that pass through multiple people's hands. The
contributors copy and paste from all over the place. Is there a way I can
ensure that when I open the document, it will ALWAYS be set for language
US
English and that no proofing is turned off everywhere in the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Ok. Thanks.

Will doing the following cover all the non text layer content in a document?

select Find & Replace
select no proofing for find
select US English for replace
choose replace all

"cayce" wrote in message
I work on documents that pass through multiple people's hands. The
contributors copy and paste from all over the place. Is there a way I

can
ensure that when I open the document, it will ALWAYS be set for

language
US
English and that no proofing is turned off everywhere in the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Provided you Replace All and let it run to completion. If you use Find Next,
the Find works only in the layer you're in.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It selects only the document layer, not headers, footers, footnotes,
endnotes, text boxes, etc.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.