Accounting Format

Old May 7th 06, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Accounting Format

Hi,

I've placed a formula in a cell, but the dollar sign shows directly to the
left of the number. I choose the option $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00).

Is there a way to use the Excel type accounting format where there are
spaces between the dollar sign and the numbers so the dollar signs line up
evenly against the left side of the cell?

Thanks,

Michele
Old May 7th 06, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Put a Right Aligned Tab Stop in the cells and then insert a tab space
between the $ and the # in the formatting switch. You will of course need
to use Ctrl+tab to insert the tab spaces if the field is in a table cell.

Note, you can't use a Decimal Tab Stop in this situation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old May 7th 06, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes that worked. I knew it was something like that, but just couldn't get
the correct combination. Thanks.

I may take you up on your offer sometime. I believe is using the experts.
I'm a certified project management professional (PMP) and couldn't do without
you pros.

Thanks,

Michele

P.S. - How do you become an MVP?

----------

Old May 26th 06, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes,

{=SUM(ABOVE) \# "$[tab]#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)"}

with a tab space inserted where [tab] appears above works for me.

Old May 29th 06, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In case you have any negative numbers, you probably want:

{=SUM(ABOVE) \# "$[tab]#,##0.00[space];$[tab](#,##0.00)"}

I am not sure if the [space] will work. It's an attempt to line up the
decimal points with positive and negative numbers.

Old October 9th 22, 07:33 AM
Ultimer Ultimer is offline

I try to make my workflow as easy and simple as possible, so if I have the opportunity to use different software and technologies, I'll do it. Now I've found an excellent a online bookkeeping software, which seems very convenient to me. I'm already starting to notice that my employees in the accounting department have an easier time dealing with documents and data, as well as more time for other important tasks.