Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mairsa mairsa is offline

Default IncludeText - How to keep paragraph format of the source document

I'm trying to use the Includetext fieldcode to insert a bookmarked table from
document A into document B using Word 2007. I have tried both with and
without the /*Mergeformat switch.

The problem is that while the table and font format are preserved, the line
and paragraph spacing settings are not, and neither are the custom styles I'm
using. The text in the table is defaulting to Normal style with 1.15pt
linespace and 10pt after each paragraph.

Because the table in document A is quite big (48 pages!) and the text in it
has different line and paragraph spacing (depending on the contents of the
cells) I can't use mergeformat and reformat document B manually.

Any ideas? I'll be relieved if there is a relatively easy way to solve this
problem. I tried to write a macro too, but my vb skills are almost
non-existent!

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi mairsa,

The reason the formats are changing is that both documents are using the same Style names, but differently. Consequently, the
material from the source document (ir the one pointed to by the INCLUDTEXT field) is taking on the corresponding Style attributes in
the target document.

The best way to fix this is to either:
.. change the Style attributes in the target document to match those of the source document; or
.. use a set of attributes in the source document that don't exist in the target document for the linked material

Note that, if you adopt the first option, this will impact any text using those Styles in the target document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"mairsa" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mairsa mairsa is offline

Default IncludeText - How to keep paragraph format of the source docum

Thanks a lot macropod, that made perfect sense!