Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephelg stephelg is offline

Default How do I open two versions of Word at the same time

I am a technical writer, documenting a procedure for printing Word to PDF and
checking into Rational ClearCase. I want sample copy of Word up so that I can
trace the steps. I want a second copy of Word up so that I can describe the
procedure while windows in the first application are open. I don't want two
documents in one application.If I can't do it, I'll trace the steps in Word
and document it in Frame. Seems to be the only solution.
Too annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

"Printing" to a pdf creator shouldn't require more than one instruction, not
a whole procedure. Unless you are working for the government, of course.
"stephelg" wrote in message
I am a technical writer, documenting a procedure for printing Word to PDF
and
checking into Rational ClearCase. I want sample copy of Word up so that I
can
trace the steps. I want a second copy of Word up so that I can describe
the
procedure while windows in the first application are open. I don't want
two
documents in one application.If I can't do it, I'll trace the steps in
Word
and document it in Frame. Seems to be the only solution.
Too annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are creating Word tutorials you need a good screen capture program
such as SnagIt (www.techsmith.com -there is a demo). You can then grab the
bits you want as you go along and produce tutorials similar to those on my
web site. However what's so difficult about creating PDFs that it needs a
tutorial? - Click the button on the Acrobat toolbar and it's done.