Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbaycura mbaycura is offline

Default word incorrectly auto-formatting on backspace

This is driving me crazy. I have a document where I've got everything
formatted as I want it (nothing crazy, just font and size). It contains a
mixture of regular paragraphs and outlined numbered lists. My problem is
that when I backspace from the begining of a non-list paragraph so that it
now becomes part of the end of the numbered list (or delete from then end of
an outline list) word reformats my entire outline numbered paragraph. I have
all of the list, style, and paragraph autoformat stuff turned off and it
still does it. It's like it's trying to set a style to a particular heading
type, changing my font size and sometimes type and I have to manually go back
and reformat everything. Very, very, annoying...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Mbaycura,

When you apply a (paragraph) Style to a paragraph, that information is
stored "in" the Para marker at the end of the paragraph.

You are deleting the Para marker that stores the "List" Style, and appending
a paragraph with a Para marker that has the "non-List" Style.

This is neither Right nor Wrong - merely to be expected - you need to
handle it differently.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"mbaycura" wrote in message
This is driving me crazy. I have a document where I've got everything
formatted as I want it (nothing crazy, just font and size). It contains a
mixture of regular paragraphs and outlined numbered lists. My problem is
that when I backspace from the begining of a non-list paragraph so that it
now becomes part of the end of the numbered list (or delete from then end of
an outline list) word reformats my entire outline numbered paragraph. I have
all of the list, style, and paragraph autoformat stuff turned off and it
still does it. It's like it's trying to set a style to a particular heading
type, changing my font size and sometimes type and I have to manually go back
and reformat everything. Very, very, annoying...

how do you disable the auto formatting little box in Word chrisod Microsoft Word Help 1 December 5th 06 02:51 PM
How do I turn off auto formatting in Word 2003? Gloria Burt Microsoft Word Help 10 December 24th 05 04:44 PM
Word auto formatting ? TonyB New Users 1 April 20th 05 01:06 PM
get rid of auto-formatting in Word prbeck Page Layout 4 March 29th 05 01:17 PM
Can I apply auto-formatting to text in the same manner as Auto Cor DBishop Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 10:27 PM