Lee

Default Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill

But this does not update a header or footer cross-reference to the value of
the form field.... why not?
I also tried the reference from the last post of this thread to User Forms
via a VBA script and macros, BUT I am creating an environment for a client
group that wants Word security set to High but does NOT want to deal with
digital certificates. So even though I can self-sign my template, it still
wont work for them when I deliver

One other issue if anyone's inclined ;-)

I want 3 drop down form fields on the 1st page of a document opened from a
template that fills in bookmarks in both the main body and the header/footer.
I also want to let users access Autotext entries attached to this template
(via custom a Toolbar) even though Protection is ON (for the form fields) and
formatting is limited to X number of styles. I saw a post about
incompatibility bet Autotext entries and Doc Protection. The answer was to
lift restrictions per section and apply the entries to that section - BUT I
dont get it. I can only "allow form field entry" (no ability to specifiy
section OR "allow read only" but lift in certain sections.... What am I
missing?

tearing my hair out ;-)
help appreciated
Lee

Would appreciate any help....

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Every form field has a built-in bookmark, which you can ascertain (and
change if you like) in the Form Field Options dialog. Where you want the
data entered in this form field repeated, insert a cross-reference to the
bookmark text of that bookmark. Be sure to check "Calculate on exit" in the
Form Field Options so that the cross-reference will update automatically.

"James" wrote in message
I want to have clients fill out a custom proposal form with their name and

an
advisors name and have these names appear in several places throughout the
document. Ex) Type name in, on first page only, and have it appear on all
pages in document.This document also needs to be locked, except for form
fields, and emailed out to clients. Is is possible to have a person type

in
his/her information in one field and have that information populate

multiple
fields?
And, Or can I put a text form field in the Header/Footer, word gives me an
error when I try.
Thank you for you help
Jim

Unfortunately, no. What *does* work is to format the form field with a
specific character style (created for the purpose; it need not differ from
the Default Paragraph Font) and use a StyleRef field in the header/footer.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Every form field has a built-in bookmark, which you can ascertain (and
change if you like) in the Form Field Options dialog. Where you want the
data entered in this form field repeated, insert a cross-reference to

the
bookmark text of that bookmark. Be sure to check "Calculate on exit" in

the
Form Field Options so that the cross-reference will update

automatically.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"James" wrote in message
[...]

Can you convert regular text in a table into form field data easil Martin_of_Uxbridge Microsoft Word Help 1 April 24th 05 11:55 AM
Text Form Field Options Mark B Microsoft Word Help 2 December 29th 04 04:51 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
How do I spell check text in a text form field? Credit Analyst Microsoft Word Help 4 December 14th 04 11:07 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 07:17 PM