Paddington

Default How do I stop the next letter being deleted when I correct a word

When I try to correct a word or insert a word into pe typed sentence, the
next letter is deleted - very frustrating. I know there is a keyboard
shortcut to turn this function off, but I have forgotten what it is.

Carol

You are apparently using overtype mode. If you look down at the status bar
you will see that OVR is highlighted. To change the default go to Tools |
Options | Edit and deselect Overtype Mode. I hope this has been helpful to
you.

"Paddington" wrote:

When I try to correct a word or insert a word into pe typed sentence, the
next letter is deleted - very frustrating. I know there is a keyboard
shortcut to turn this function off, but I have forgotten what it is.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

If your Status bar is displayed (View -Status Bar) you can toggle OVR
(overtype) mode on/off by doubleclicking OVR at the bottom of the Word
window. As Graham notes, you can [usually] toggle also by tapping the Insert
key (although, in some earlier versions of Word, the Insert key was
disabled, for some misguided reason).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Paddington" wrote:

When I try to correct a word or insert a word into pe typed sentence, the
next letter is deleted - very frustrating. I know there is a keyboard
shortcut to turn this function off, but I have forgotten what it is.

Convert to Symbols Omar Menjivar Microsoft Word Help 7 June 27th 05 07:32 PM
School Reports CS Mailmerge 5 May 4th 05 07:20 AM
Letter Wizard templates will not work e2rodney Mailmerge 1 February 17th 05 08:30 PM
Can't save merged form letter... Raven Mailmerge 1 January 27th 05 08:34 PM
Date on letter changes to current date when opened - how to stop. BigSkyG Microsoft Word Help 3 January 13th 05 03:13 PM