Insert reference/cross-reference doesn't display my header text

Old October 18th 07, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Babs25

Default Insert reference/cross-reference doesn't display my header text

My document has a custom style I created based on heading style 2 called
Style Heading 4 Indigo. I applied this heading to my chapter numbers and
descriptions. When I do insert/cross-reference the text I applied my custom
sytle to do not display as a heading. I have another document with the same
template and the custom styles do work there.

Old October 18th 07, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Babs25

Default Insert reference/cross-reference doesn't display my header tex

I know the Help says only Word's built in Heading styles display. However,
like I said I have another document that is based on a custom style the exact
same one and in that document the headings show up. They don't show up as
"numbered items" as there is numbering applied to the style. I checked they
aren't under "numbered items" I ended up doing the heading manually but I
just want to figure this out.

Old October 24th 07, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Only built-in headings should appear in the "Heading" category (in the
Cross-reference dialog box). And the "Numbered item" category should show any
style using paragraph/outline numbering or LISTNUM fields.

Note that you can cross-reference any paragraph by bookmarking it and then
inserting a cross-reference to the bookmark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP