Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn jonilyn is offline

Default Word keeps crashing after I minimize a document

and I try to maximize the document. It started on a laptop that has been
upgraded to XP. I then transferred everything to a new Dell desktop through
the files and setting wizard so it has a new version of Office on it - still
having the same problems. When I'm working in a document, periodically it
saves to a temporary file on the desktop, which is annoying. I've been
hitting "save" before I minimize but I'm never sure I have the latest version
when I reopen the document and I also have to delete the temporary files on
my desktop. The autorecovery window also appears after Word has crashed but
when I try to open the recovered file, It's encrypted. I haven't had any
problems with Excel or Publisher, just Word. I've also installed all the
Windows and Office updates (except Explorer 7). My virus protection software
is also up to date. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

jonilyn wrote:
and I try to maximize the document. It started on a laptop that has
been upgraded to XP. I then transferred everything to a new Dell
desktop through the files and setting wizard so it has a new version
of Office on it - still having the same problems. When I'm working
in a document, periodically it saves to a temporary file on the
desktop, which is annoying. I've been hitting "save" before I
minimize but I'm never sure I have the latest version when I reopen
the document and I also have to delete the temporary files on my
desktop. The autorecovery window also appears after Word has crashed
but when I try to open the recovered file, It's encrypted. I haven't
had any problems with Excel or Publisher, just Word. I've also
installed all the Windows and Office updates (except Explorer 7). My
virus protection software is also up to date. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn jonilyn is offline

I'll check the settings and see what happens. There's a lot of information
on the site - thank you.

Jonilyn

jonilyn wrote:
and I try to maximize the document. It started on a laptop that has
been upgraded to XP. I then transferred everything to a new Dell
desktop through the files and setting wizard so it has a new version
of Office on it - still having the same problems. When I'm working
in a document, periodically it saves to a temporary file on the
desktop, which is annoying. I've been hitting "save" before I
minimize but I'm never sure I have the latest version when I reopen
the document and I also have to delete the temporary files on my
desktop. The autorecovery window also appears after Word has crashed
but when I try to open the recovered file, It's encrypted. I haven't
had any problems with Excel or Publisher, just Word. I've also
installed all the Windows and Office updates (except Explorer 7). My
virus protection software is also up to date. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn jonilyn is offline

This seemed to do the trick and it was so easy! Nothing I could have found
on my own - thanks so much.