Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default How to Add bullets/indent at the subparagraph level

I'm using Word 2007 and can't figure this out. I type a line, then do a hard
return, then add another line, do a hard return, etc. I highlight the lines
after the first line and try to indent and bullet them, but Word puts the
bullet at the top line (which wasn't highlighted) and indents all of the
lines, including the first one.

My recollection was that this worked differently in 2003, but in any event,
how can I create an indented, bulleted list below that first line?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

Note that if the Normal style is affected by automatically update, in Word
2007, you will have to use this fix: Press Alt+F11 to display the Visual
Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type

ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleNormal).Automatically Update = False

and then press Enter. If this is working for the current blank document,
open normal.dotm as a document, for example by finding it in Windows
(remember to search hidden files and folders), right-clicking it and
choosing Open. When you are done, save and close the file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP