La La Lara

Default Spellcheck macro in FORMS - compile error

I have been trying to get the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm to work, but
keep getting a "compile error - can't find project and library", highlighting
the part that says 'The following subroutine won't be called if Word 97 is in
use
If Not Left$(Application.Version, 1) = "8"

?? any ideas? BTW, I am not a prgammer, so I am pretty blind on this one.

Cheers
Charles Kenyon

AFAIK the macro has been tested in all versions of Word since Word 97. I've
used it in all of those versions without receiving this message. Which
version of Word are you using?

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"La La Lara" wrote in message
I have been trying to get the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm to work, but
keep getting a "compile error - can't find project and library",
highlighting
the part that says 'The following subroutine won't be called if Word 97 is
in
use
If Not Left$(Application.Version, 1) = "8"

?? any ideas? BTW, I am not a prgammer, so I am pretty blind on this one.

Cheers

La La Lara

Charles, I am using Word 2000.

I am the user who created and owns the form. Interestingly, when I open the
form and run the spellcheck macro, it works fine. It's only when other users
run the macro that it throws up the compile error.

If the user then clicks on "OK", then goes to close the VB window using the
X, another pop-up says "This command will stop the debugger". If user then
hits "OK" the VB window closes and the user is back in the form, but the form
is UNprotected.

Any ideas?

"La La Lara" wrote in message
I have been trying to get the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm to work, but
keep getting a "compile error - can't find project and library",
highlighting
the part that says 'The following subroutine won't be called if Word 97 is
in
use
If Not Left$(Application.Version, 1) = "8"

?? any ideas? BTW, I am not a prgammer, so I am pretty blind on this one.

Cheers

Charles Kenyon

I am not an author of that macro, only another user. Is everyone (1) using
the same version of Word? (2) using the same macro security settings? (I
don't think the macro security settings are the problem because they are
getting the compile error; just asking.)

In the last two years on these boards I haven't seen errors like those you
are describing for this macro.

Troubleshooting suggestion: Go to the other user's machines and run the
macro yourself, logged in as that user. Do you have the same problems?
--

"La La Lara" wrote in message
I have been trying to get the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm to work,
but
keep getting a "compile error - can't find project and library",
highlighting
the part that says 'The following subroutine won't be called if Word 97
is
in
use
If Not Left$(Application.Version, 1) = "8"

?? any ideas? BTW, I am not a prgammer, so I am pretty blind on this
one.

Cheers

La La Lara

Charles,

Yes, everyone is using the same version of Word.
Yes, the same Macro security settings
If I go to another user's PC, logged on as them, and run the macro, I get
the same compile error.

What next??!!! Thanks for your help!