Jubinell Jubinell is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2007 standard blue

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the standard blue color in Word 2007.

When I open the font color options from the Home ribbon menu, under Standard Colors there's one marked as "blue" but it doesn't look like the standard blue.

In fact, when I checked out its RGB value it as R = 0, G = 112, B = 192.

I've read somewhere that standard blue is R = 0, G = 0, G = 255. Is this true?

Is the blue used for hyperlinks in most Office applications standard blue?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Maybe some folks would like to engage in a long debate about what exactly
"standard blue" is or isn't. However, since Microsoft has an exact definition
for blue, I don't think that there is much to debate here.

The colors used in Word are defined in the WdColor enumeration in MSDN at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb237558.aspx. The 4th constant in
this enumeration is called wdColorBlue and has the decimal value 16711680.
When I broke this number down into an RGB value, I got RGB(0, 0, 255). Thus I
agree with you that Microsoft's definition of "blue" is RGB(0, 0, 255). I
then created a custom color in the UI with this RGB value and applied it to
some text. To my eyes this is the color of my hyperlinks, and I could not
find it among the predefined colors available in the UI.

If you want to format your text with this color, you could define a custom
color, or you could select the text and run the following macro.

Sub ColorMeBlue()
Selection.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Sub
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Jubinell" wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding the standard blue color in Word 2007.

When I open the font color options from the Home ribbon menu, under
Standard Colors there's one marked as "blue" but it doesn't look like
the standard blue.

In fact, when I checked out its RGB value it as R = 0, G = 112, B =
192.

I've read somewhere that standard blue is R = 0, G = 0, G = 255. Is
this true?

Is the blue used for hyperlinks in most Office applications standard
blue?

--
Jubinell
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The tooltips on the palette in Word 2007 do name one of the 'Standard
Colors' as "Blue" and this is not the same as the fixed wdColorBlue. This is
clearly confusing but is made more so by the fact that the tooltips are
dynamic and of little value - I don't know what algorithm is used to
determine them, but I presume it is similar to the 'nearest color' logic
used in some other situations. Treat the tooltips as a guide and no more.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com