Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shahid shahid is offline

Default mail merge with attachment using outlook express

i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.

1. Not "out of the box".

2. Most of the easily available macro code relies on the ability to automate
the full Outlook. If you do not have Outlook, you would probably have to use
a macro that sent e-mails directly via MAPI or SMTP.

3. How I would approach this would depend on whether I wanted to attach the
same .pdf to every e-mail, or a different .pdf to each e-mail. If it is the
same, it may not be too hard to generate the e-mails via mailmerge, then
manually attach the same .pdf to each e-mail. It depends on how many you
want to send. If it is a different .pdf for each message and you have a lot
of messages, that could be a lot of work, in which case it may be cheaper to
buy the full Outlook or some other software to do it (it depends on how you
cost your time).

also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.

If it is /just/ when you "start mail merge from tools menu then the
following may not be enough, but I would start he

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

Peter Jamieson

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shahid shahid is offline

hi peter,

thanks a lot for your in depth information.
i just want to clear one doubt regarding manually attaching the pdf
file.whether i have to merge to the document and then copy and paste
individual emails to my email program like outlook and manually attaching the
pdf file,. or i have to merge to email and then manually add the pdf file at
some stage .can you please provide further help .

thanks
shahid

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hello Shahid,

i just want to clear one doubt regarding manually attaching the pdf

1. A lot depends on which e-mail client you are using. Because there are so
many different possibilities, it is impossible to say exactly how things
will work with the software you have.

2. I suggest you experiment with a small number of addressees (usually you
can include yourself).

3. If you are using the full Outlook (not Outlook Express), you should be
able to use Doug Robbins' approach at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

4. if you can not use the full Outlook, everything is much harder, as I have
tried to explain. But:
ao you have one .pdf file that you want to attach to every outgoing e-mail?
In other words, the attachment is the same for every e-mail? Or do you have
a different .pdf file to attach to each outgoing e-mail?

Peter Jamieson

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shahid shahid is offline

hi peter

i want to attach same pdf file to all outgoing emails.

Hello Shahid,

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To do it with Outlook Express, you can try:
a. ensure that OE cannot send mail
b. do the merge tocreate items in the Out basket
c. manually open each item in the Out basket, attach the .pdf and click the
Send button
d. allow OE to send mail again
e. send.

There are probably several ways to do (a) but disconnecting your computer
from the Internet is is probably the simplest.

Peter Jamieson

"shahid" wrote in message
hi peter

i want to attach same pdf file to all outgoing emails.

Hello Shahid,

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am
just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools
menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bsn bsn is offline

Dear Peter,
I have created Outlook Express email merge which already has a pdf file as
attachment. I was able to merge the data and send the email but the
attachment
was missing inthe sent email. In your reply to Shahid, you mentioned that
we have to attach individually to each email in the outbox and then the
emails are to be sent. In my case, I am working on a desk top which is
directly connected to server, there is no outbox - the message gets sent
directly.
I would like to know whether we can paste the attachment file in the body of
the message ? I have seen many emails which carry attachments at the end
portion of the text message. How can this be done ?
Please advise and thank you very much.
BSN

"shahid" wrote in message
i want to mail merge with pdf attachment using oulook express. i am just
wondering whether it is possible with outlook express.
also there is no email option when i start mail merge from tools menu.
any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to use Outlook, not Outlook Express for the article to which Graham
referred you to be of any use.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.