rkiporter

Default How to add UPC? (universal product code)

I need to print labels which include an UPC.Does any Office program do this?
How? Bar Code seems to only take zip code length digits.
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:55:07 -0800, rkiporter
wrote:

I need to print labels which include an UPC.Does any Office program do this?
How? Bar Code seems to only take zip code length digits.

No Office program directly supports UPC codes. You can get TrueType
fonts that display the bars when you type the numbers, but I
understand they don't make very high-quality codes. You'll probably
get better results with a separate program to prepare the UPC code as
a graphic file, which you can then insert in a Word document like any
other picture.

You'll also need a special calculator to determine the checksum.

Here are some references to look at:

http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/fonts.html
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/upccode.html
http://www.barcodeisland.com/upca.phtml