Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TallGirl TallGirl is offline

Default Lost formatting and size from 2.6KB to 1.2MB

We moved from Word 2000 to 2003. A document with screen captures (SnagIt) was
orginally created with 2000, opened and saved with 2003 and then moved to
another writer who had 2000.

We have lost all outline formatting and the file size is growing with each
save. I tried to repair the file with no luck.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi TallGirl,

I can't explain the formatting problem, but the continual increase in file size is probably due to one of your users having the
'allow fast saves' option checked under Tools|Options|Save. Using this option is also a potential source of document corruption,
which might explain the formatting problems.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"TallGirl" wrote in message ...
We moved from Word 2000 to 2003. A document with screen captures (SnagIt) was
orginally created with 2000, opened and saved with 2003 and then moved to
another writer who had 2000.

We have lost all outline formatting and the file size is growing with each
save. I tried to repair the file with no luck.

Help!

lost formatting peak Microsoft Word Help 1 May 30th 06 08:14 PM
Formatting lost when pasting kajeel Page Layout 0 May 4th 06 10:30 AM
Old documents lost formatting SueD Microsoft Word Help 2 April 26th 06 11:36 AM
Custom 6 x 9 page size lost when I print to file. Help! Hank Page Layout 0 December 22nd 05 05:54 AM
Formatting getting lost ShivN Page Layout 1 November 25th 05 07:01 PM