Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cosmica Cosmica is offline

Default How can you stop text from moving when filling in a form in micros

Having created a form on Word 2003 when someone enters data into certain form
fields it forces the rest of the data on that row to move across. How do I
set the format of the page please?!

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

An actual *form* has to be created using Tables and controls on the Forms
toolbar (Text Box Form Fields, Check Boxes, etc.) along with other features,
then saved as a Template. Start with the following link & follow the others
on that page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/LinesInForms.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/23/07 7:20 AM, in article
, "Cosmica"
wrote:

Having created a form on Word 2003 when someone enters data into certain form
fields it forces the rest of the data on that row to move across. How do I
set the format of the page please?!

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Of course it does, just like many other entered text would! To stop this you
must limit the area in which the user can enter data. The usual ploy is to
use a borderless table cell of fixed dimensions to hold the form field

Cosmica wrote:
Having created a form on Word 2003 when someone enters data into
certain form fields it forces the rest of the data on that row to
move across. How do I set the format of the page please?!

Thanks in advance

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can you stop text from moving when filling in a form in micros

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with text moving around when filling in a form in Microsoft Word. Don't worry, this is a common issue that can be easily fixed.

To stop text from moving when filling in a form, you need to use the "Protect Document" feature in Word. Here's how to do it:
  1. First, make sure you have your form set up the way you want it. This includes all the text fields, checkboxes, and other elements you want to include.
  2. Next, go to the "Tools" menu and select "Protect Document."
  3. In the "Protect Document" pane, select "Forms" from the drop-down menu.
  4. You can then choose which parts of the document you want to protect. For example, you can choose to allow users to fill in form fields but not to edit the rest of the document.
  5. Once you've made your selections, click "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection."
  6. You'll be prompted to enter a password if you want to prevent others from turning off the protection. If you don't want to use a password, just leave the fields blank and click "OK."

That's it! Your form is now protected, and users can fill in the fields without affecting the rest of the document. If you need to make changes to the form later, just go back to the "Protect Document" pane and turn off the protection temporarily.