Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert McN

Default page numbers in Table of Contents

The page numbers that appear in the table of contents for my long document
are right alligned. However, there are some entrie (corresponding to the
headings) that extend beyond one line. In those cases, the numbers are not
right aligned, but instead follow immediately after the last word . Is there
something I can do to have page numbers for these entries also appear right
aligned?
Thanks for any suggestions, Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Set the right margin of the TOC style to the left of the tabstop used for
the page numbers. That ensures that the text breaks nicely, and that there
is always a gap between text and number.

"Robert McN" wrote in message
The page numbers that appear in the table of contents for my long document
are right alligned. However, there are some entrie (corresponding to the
headings) that extend beyond one line. In those cases, the numbers are
not
right aligned, but instead follow immediately after the last word . Is
there
something I can do to have page numbers for these entries also appear
right
aligned?
Thanks for any suggestions, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert McN

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it
isn't working. If you have any other thoughts, I'd appreciate hearing them.
Thanks again.

"Robert McN" wrote in message
The page numbers that appear in the table of contents for my long document
are right alligned. However, there are some entrie (corresponding to the
headings) that extend beyond one line. In those cases, the numbers are
not
right aligned, but instead follow immediately after the last word . Is
there
something I can do to have page numbers for these entries also appear
right
aligned?
Thanks for any suggestions, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Persevere. The method does work. My usual settings for TOC 1 a
Paragraph.RightIndent = 15mm, Tabstop = 170mm. (Full measure - margin to
margin - is also 170mm.)

"Robert McN" wrote in message
The page numbers that appear in the table of contents for my long
document
are right alligned. However, there are some entrie (corresponding to
the
headings) that extend beyond one line. In those cases, the numbers are
not
right aligned, but instead follow immediately after the last word . Is
there
something I can do to have page numbers for these entries also appear
right
aligned?
Thanks for any suggestions, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Modify the TOC styles to include a right-aligned tab stop at the right
margin and a right indent. The page number will be at the tab stop but
the text of the paragraph will stop at the indent.

Note that you can access the TOC styles from the Index and Tables
dialog box: Just click the Modify button, select the each style name,
and then Modify it as needed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP