Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drwho

Default How can I add a blank page to my watermarked document?

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

1. At the end of page 4, create a new page (page 5) by
clicking on Insert | Break | Next Page | OK.
2. Click on View | Header and Footer. Arrow down to the
Section 2 header, and turn off the "Same as previous" button on
the Header and Footer toolbar. Arrow down to the Section 2
footer, and turn off the "Same as previous" button on the Header
and Footer toolbar.
3. Click on the watermark on page 5 to select it, and press
the Delete key.
4. Click on the Close button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drwho

Okay, I'm lost on step 2.....I do not see any 'same as previous button'
within the Header & Footer toolbar? In my list of checkbox/buttons within the
drop down menu of buttons the only one that sounds similar is 'previous
header'?...but no 'previous footer' checkbox? If I uncheck the 'previous
header' box it removes ALL watermarks...I only want to remove watermark on
last page so I can insert a new file WITHOUT any watermark. Thanks.

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Fifth button from the right on the Header and Footer toolbar.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
for a picture.

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drwho

microsoft Word 2003.....does that make a difference? I really appreciate your
help, have been searching ALL over, even on the official WORD help site with
nothing about this situation. I'm not a Word user and tend to find it a very
frustrating software to use. I can delete the watermark, but like I said it
removes from EVERY page not just one. If you can help, thanks!

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Okay, it's called "Link to previous" in Word 2003 and "Same as
previous" in earlier versions. See "Change the headers or
footers for part of a document" at
.. After you turn off "Link to previous", you can delete the
watermark in Section 2 (page 5) without affecting the watermark
in Section 1 (pages 1 through 4).

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drwho

'garfield-n-odie'...thanks, I will give it a try and report back to let you
know if it worked this time by tomorrow. I really appreciate your help!

drwho wrote:

I have a 4 page document and each page has a watermark background but need to
add a fifth page of information without the watermark background. How can
this be done? I have searched through the help files for word and there are
no instructions on how to do this? Does anyone know how to do this, surely it
must be possible? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drwho

Thanks 'garfield-n-odie' that seemed to work with a minor
adjustment....following the steps given did delete the watermark background
on the last page #5.... BUT when I went to insert the new document into the
blank page the watermark background appeared again....so instead I ended up
inserting a text box on the blank page 5 and then inserted the text required
and it worked. I wonder why the folks at WORD just don't have a link on the
help sections anywhere entitled 'How to remove an individual watermark page
from your watermark doc. ?...or...'How to produce a doc. with both watermark
and non-watermark pages.'? They don't make it easy, that's for sure! Thanks
again for all your help!!!