Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Watson Mark Watson is offline

Default Word hangs opening documents from desktop

I have a very strange problem it has happened to 3 users now, I have managed
to finally fix 2 by wiping the install of Office 2003 and re-installing.
When these users try to open a Word Document from their desktop, Word
launched and then the tool bars all grey out and nothing happens. When the
use File - Open and pick up the document from the Desktop it launches
instantly.
Im perplexed. I have tried adding the "%1" to the Open section of the File
Association when i do this the document opens but I get an error over the top
stating the Windows cannot find the file yet it is open?
Has anyon else experienced this, Iy has happend ed to me now on both Word Xp
and Word 2003? I have deleted the association ot the doc file and re-created
it, It made no difference, I have also deleted the normal.dot and it also
made no difference?
If anyone has any suggestion I would be very happy to try them.
Thanks
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that reinstalling usually do not help when you are having problems with
Word.

File association issues can usually be fixed by re-registering Word. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm.

See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm for
general trouble-shooting.

--