rag

Default Word Document date changes

Some, but not all saved documents change the date when I open them. How do
you stop this.
Doug Robbins

Use a CreateDate field in the documnets.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"rag" wrote in message
Some, but not all saved documents change the date when I open them. How do
you stop this.

The documents whose date changes have a DATE or TIME field instead of date
text or a CREATEDATE field. If the template on which the documents are based
contains a CreateDate field, this will always be correct in the documents.
For the existing documents that contain DATE or TIME fields, press Alt+F9 to
view the field code, change DATE or TIME to CREATEDATE, then Alt+F9 to
toggle the view back to field results and F9 to update. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"rag" wrote in message
Some, but not all saved documents change the date when I open them. How do
you stop this.

Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.