Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren Darren is offline

Default page numbers- basic help

I am editing a document that is 9 pages long. I want to insert page
numbers. I go to page 1 and click insert page numbers tab. I select the
format that I want (bottom of page and design of the number) I don't know
what to do from there. I only end up with a page number on the first page.
How do I get it to continue on the other pages? I've tried clicking next
section and selecting continue from previous section under fomat, but it does
not display anything from page 2 on. I also have tried just clicking on the
footers of the subsequent pages and typing the page number that I want, but
they are all linked and display the number 2 on all pages. This is very
frustrating. I need some step by step help. I am so confused!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know how the new-fangled Word2007 inserts page numbers; to do
it the old-fashioned way, go to your footer (as you did) but don't
type the page number; click the "Insert Page Number" button.