Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lchow lchow is offline

Default Strange word behaviour

My word documents all of a sudden behave strangely: 1) all dates becomes
codes, something like {TIME/@ "dd MMMM yyyy"} 2) all internet hyperlink
turned into codes 3) all page numbers appear as [page]. I copy the file on a
memory stick and try it on another PC and it all looks fine.
I tried reinstalling and also tried unstall it and reinstall it and it does
not help.
Does anyone know if it's a virus or a problem with the word software?
Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JT JT is offline

Go to Tools / Options / View. Under the "Show" list, deselect the "field
codes" button then click OK.
--
-JT

"lchow" wrote:

My word documents all of a sudden behave strangely: 1) all dates becomes
codes, something like {TIME/@ "dd MMMM yyyy"} 2) all internet hyperlink
turned into codes 3) all page numbers appear as [page]. I copy the file on a
memory stick and try it on another PC and it all looks fine.
I tried reinstalling and also tried unstall it and reinstall it and it does
not help.
Does anyone know if it's a virus or a problem with the word software?
Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think you meant Alt+F9.

F9 updates selected fields.
Alt+F9 toggles between field codes and field results (all fields in the
document).
Shift+F9 toggles field codes of selected field(s) only.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)