Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bridget Bridget is offline

Default How to record a video-- taping a process?

I am creating a document that will be used a tutorial-- a "how to do certain
things." I've been using screenshots and wordy explainations... but for one
prcoess (merging comments, if you want to know) I'd rather have a video for
users to watch.

So is there some sort of way I can record the process, as if you were
watching my screen while I do it myself?

Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I've never done this and don't have the product but I believe Camtasia
(http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp) is one of the better tools for this
job and there is a free trial available.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bridget" wrote in message
I am creating a document that will be used a tutorial-- a "how to do
certain
things." I've been using screenshots and wordy explainations... but for
one
prcoess (merging comments, if you want to know) I'd rather have a video
for
users to watch.

So is there some sort of way I can record the process, as if you were
watching my screen while I do it myself?

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Visit www.techsmith.com and look at Camtasia Studio.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe even SnagIt can capture *short* videos.

wrote:

I am creating a document that will be used a tutorial-- a "how to do
certain
things." I've been using screenshots and wordy explainations... but for
one
prcoess (merging comments, if you want to know) I'd rather have a video
for
users to watch.

So is there some sort of way I can record the process, as if you were
watching my screen while I do it myself?

Thanks for the help!

Visit www.techsmith.com and look at Camtasia Studio.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

How to set up a video web site? Jack Microsoft Word Help 1 August 3rd 07 08:47 AM
video DEBNC Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 06 11:55 PM
Video Driver Tom Microsoft Word Help 1 May 31st 06 05:52 AM
Word's User Process shutdown Automation process Yehuda Microsoft Word Help 0 August 17th 05 10:05 PM
Mailmerging graphics only works on first record - how can I get Word to print a new graphic for each record? Graham Mayor Mailmerge 3 May 13th 05 08:00 PM