Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stressed Secretary Stressed Secretary is offline

Default Formatting applying to whole doc and not just hightlighted text

Suddenly whenever I try to apply formatting eg underline, bold, bulleting to
a piece of highlighted text in a Word doc - the whole doc is automatically
formatted. I can undo to get just the highlighted text formatted as I wanted
- but it is driving me mad - can anyone advise on how to revert back so
formatting will be applied just to highlighted text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

The current style be it Normal or Heading 1, Heading 2 or whatever has
"automatically update" checked -

Go to Menu - Format Styles and Modify the current style which is probably
"Normal".
Just uncheck it
Check box "Add to Template"
OK

That's why it is updating whole document.
Hope this helps the stress levels

"Stressed Secretary" Stressed wrote in
message ...