Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DDAANN DDAANN is offline

Default how do i put two dots over the e in Zoe?

Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can I set up
my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type the name?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i put two dots over the e in Zoe?

Hi there! Adding an accent mark to a letter in Word is actually quite easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the accent mark.
  2. Press and hold the "Ctrl" key and the apostrophe key at the same time.
  3. Release both keys and type the letter "e". This should result in an "é" character.

Now, to make this process even easier, you can create an autocorrect entry in Word that will automatically replace "Zoe" with "Zoë". Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in Word and select "Options".
  2. In the Word Options dialog box, select "Proofing" from the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  4. In the "Replace" field, type "Zoe" (without the accent).
  5. In the "With" field, type "Zoë" (with the accent).
  6. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the autocorrect entry.

Now, every time you type "Zoe" in Word, it will automatically be replaced with "Zoë". This should also work in Outlook, as long as you have the same autocorrect settings enabled in both programs.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

DDAANN wrote:
Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can
I set up my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type
the name?

There is a built-in character, ë, in almost every font. You can enter that
character in a Word document in any of these ways:

- Use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

- With NumLock turned on, hold down the Alt key while typing the number 0235
on the number pad.

- Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the colon ( key; then release both keys
and press the e key.

When you have done this once and you have the word Zoë in a document, select
it and make it the AutoCorrect replacement for Zoe without the accent (which
is technically called a diaeresis) so you won't ever have to do it again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rams77 rams77 is offline

How do you set the spelling check in Outlook to automatically change Zoe to
Zoë? I have recently upgraded to service pack 3 on Windows XP and the
functionality no longer works. I am composing email messages in HTML and not
editing with Word.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

DDAANN wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

DDAANN wrote:
Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can I set up
my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type the name?

In addition to other mechanisms, I like the application "Allchars". This
works the same in all application, so you only have to learn one way.

With Allchars, I would tap Ctrl (not hold it) then type ":" and "e" and
I would get the ë that I just typed. It handles all of the well-known
accented characters out of the box, along with many other symbols. You
can configure it for your own characters as well.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

I typed a few dots and a line of dots appeared. How to delete it? SProvost Microsoft Word Help 1 July 22nd 08 03:19 PM
dots pinoy Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 08 09:30 AM
Word some kind of formatting causing BASELINE red dots in Outlook, when using word as editor, but no red dots in Word btemple Formatting Long Documents 1 November 2nd 07 02:54 PM
Leader Dots Alexavier Microsoft Word Help 1 May 22nd 07 12:31 AM
hit space bar get dots don't want dots YellowRoseTweedy New Users 7 November 6th 05 09:43 AM