Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colindhope Colindhope is offline

Default Attaching File to e-mail

When I attach a word document to e-mail it attaches as an ink. file not a
word document
--
CDH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's because you're attaching a shortcut not the file itself.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Colindhope" wrote in message
When I attach a word document to e-mail it attaches as an ink. file not a
word document
--
CDH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Make sure you're attaching the file, not the link. (I'm not being smart - I
don't know how else to phrase that.)

--

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That's because you're attaching a shortcut not the file itself.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Colindhope" wrote in message
When I attach a word document to e-mail it attaches as an ink. file not
word document
--
CDH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Look at the file icon: the links can be detected by the subtle arrow at the
bottom left corner.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That's because you're attaching a shortcut not the file itself.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Colindhope" wrote in message
When I attach a word document to e-mail it attaches as an ink. file
not a
word document
--
CDH

Attaching a Excel File in the mail merge and adding Sub. line in E Pranay Shah Mailmerge 11 March 6th 10 09:36 PM
Attaching a Winzip file LSerna Microsoft Word Help 1 July 13th 07 06:57 PM
attaching file Gage Mailmerge 1 June 28th 07 03:31 AM
Attaching a Word File Larry Microsoft Word Help 3 March 31st 07 03:10 PM
attaching pdf file with main word document in mail merge Yadav Microsoft Word Help 2 August 13th 05 09:55 AM