Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rferguson15

Default change the language to English (UK) it keeps going to (US)

I can't change the language in Word to English (UK), I select it and it
tells me it will change the Normal Doc, I agree but it reverts to English (US)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

See if literally editing normal.dot will do it
http://www.officearticles.com/word/a...osoft_word.htm
You'll want to open normal.dot, hit Ctrl+A, then change the language, save
it and close it. If that doesn't work, I suspect it's to do with your not
having rights to your normal.dot file, which you'll probably find out when
you can't save it.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"rferguson15" wrote in message
I can't change the language in Word to English (UK), I select it and it
tells me it will change the Normal Doc, I agree but it reverts to English
(US)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rferguson15

Thanks for your help. I am not a computer whiz kid so when I tell you the way
I resolved this problem please don't laugh!
I have just upgraded from ME to XP Pro and also to Office Word 2003, I
sorted out the problem by going to start-settings-control panel-regional &
language options and changed the choice to English (UK) and that sorted me
out.
In Word under the tools tab I did try there to change the English setting
but it didn't work so why have it there????
Thanks again for your help.