Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucas Lucas is offline

Default convert word with mathtype to pdf = symbols lost

Hello,

I actually don't have a word question but a mathtype question, but maybe the
word users know the awnser.

I have a word document in which I use the pazomath (symbols) font (PFM file
type) in word itself as well as in Mathtype (style - define - LC Greek = UC
Greek = pazomath). If I convert the document to PDF using acrobat or 'PDF
Creator' the symbols used in Mathtype are lost and the (exact same) symbols
in plain word are not. Is this familiar to anybody?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 4-Aug-2006, Lucas wrote:

I have a word document in which I use the pazomath (symbols)
font (PFM file type) in word itself as well as in Mathtype (style -
define - LC Greek = UC Greek = pazomath). If I convert the
document to PDF using acrobat or 'PDF Creator' the symbols
used in Mathtype are lost and the (exact same) symbols
in plain word are not. Is this familiar to anybody?

Lucas, you need to embed this font into the PDF. That's not too
complicated a procedure with Acrobat; I'm not sure about PDF Creator.
I'd also recommend embedding MTExtra. We have an article on our web
site about this:

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/support/tsn/TSN69.htm

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucas Lucas is offline

Thanks for your reply Bob.

I found the problem to be something else, quite unbelievable...
If I want my font to be converted correctly to pdf, I have to use 'function'
or 'variable' from the style menu. Even if I define all the styles to be
pazomath, and use 'math' from the style menu it will not convert correctly
even though it all looks the same in word.

Lucas

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM