chris

Default i want to create a letterhead template that will only print the d.

i want to create a template that will show the letter head of a company but
will not print the letter head but will print the document
Margaret Aldis

If you can contrive to put the screen letterhead in a text box, and not use
drawing objects elsewhere in the document, you can do this by turning off
the Print Option to include Drawing Objects.

If that won't work in your situation, post back with more details about what
you are trying to do, Word versions and so on.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP