Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tikchye_oldLearner57

Default Update Table of Contents

dear community

What happen to my "Update Table of Contents" dialog box ? - It does not
appear while I modified at one of the subheading and moved to the location in
the Table of Contents field thereafter I press F9 to update it. The Table of
Contents did changed to the new date but my "Update Table of Contents" dialog
box did not appear ?

Please community can assist me to locate the problem.

thanks
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rajkohli

View - Toolbar - Outlining
or
Right-Click on any Toolbar and check mark Outlining

Let us know, if it works.

"tikchye_oldLearner57" wrote:

dear community

What happen to my "Update Table of Contents" dialog box ? - It does not
appear while I modified at one of the subheading and moved to the location in
the Table of Contents field thereafter I press F9 to update it. The Table of
Contents did changed to the new date but my "Update Table of Contents" dialog
box did not appear ?

Please community can assist me to locate the problem.

thanks
--
oldLearner57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tikchye_oldLearner57

yes it works now...thanks......curiosity, how come earlier when I press the
F9 the dialog box did not appear and only it starts appearing after
activitating the Outline toolbar..?

thanks again rajkohli

--
oldLearner57

"rajkohli" wrote:

View - Toolbar - Outlining
or
Right-Click on any Toolbar and check mark Outlining

Let us know, if it works.

"tikchye_oldLearner57" wrote:

dear community

What happen to my "Update Table of Contents" dialog box ? - It does not
appear while I modified at one of the subheading and moved to the location in
the Table of Contents field thereafter I press F9 to update it. The Table of
Contents did changed to the new date but my "Update Table of Contents" dialog
box did not appear ?

Please community can assist me to locate the problem.

thanks
--
oldLearner57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The purpose of the dialog is to ask whether you want to update just the page
numbers or the whole TOC. Occasionally you won't get the dialog if it's not
required (if there are no page numbers, for example).

"tikchye_oldLearner57" wrote
in message ...